The MINI (DIP40) Shield is designed to install MikroElektronika™ MINI modules to mikroBUS™ slot or connect mikroBUS modules (such as MikroElekronika's Click®) to MikroElektronika MINI modules.
This shield can be used with the following SoMs:
- MINI-M4™ For MSP432 (MSP432P401RIRGC microcontroller)
- MINI-M4™ For Stellaris (LX4F230H5QR microcontroller)
- MINI-M0™ For STM32 (STM32F051R8 microcontroller)
- MINI-M4™ For STM32 (STM32F415RG microcontroller)
- MINI-M4™ For Tiva™ C Series (TM4C123GH6PM microcontroller)
- MINI-32™ For PIC32MZ (PIC32MZ microcontroller)
- MINI-M4™ For Kinetis (MK64FN1M0VDC12 microcontroller)
with all software and services from specified companies.
Almost all signals not used by mikroBUS from the installed MikroElektronika MINI are output to the AUX connectors.
The I2C interface is most often used in the design of devices and instruments based on this module. For this, the module has I2C connector through which you can connect external devices and sensors.
The MINI (DIP40) Shield contains the voltage regulator AMS1117-3.3. On the bottom-side there is a jumper defining the 3V3 source on the mikroBUS (from the installed to MikroElektronika MINI module or from AMS1117-3.3). By default - from the installed module.
Optionally, a BME280 is installed on the bottom-side of the module (7-bit address on I2C = 111011x). The address for BME280 is selected with jumpers on the bottom-side. The default address should be 1110111.
The MINI (DIP40) Shield module size 50.8 x 25.4 mm.
The main areas of application of the module:
- Industry and transport automation
- Data acquisition systems (DAS) and PLC
- Scientific and medical equipment
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Motor control
- Smart home
With MINI (DIP40) Shield, it is easy to use MikroElektronika MINI modules to control the following Pro Series I / O modules:
- I2C 4AI ADS1x15 Pro
- I2C 2RO+2AI Pro
- I2C 2RO+2DI Pro